Friday 21 May 2010

Boo-hoo, I lost my ball!

I made an unwelcome discovery on Monday: a ring glistening up at me from the bath! I knew straightaway that I'd lost a piercing, and also that I wasn't sure which one. It turned out to be my cartilage ring. The ball at some point must have worked loose or been caught on something, and - free to rotate - the ring had simply fallen out. I guessed it had happened some time over the weekend, and therefore there was still a chance of saving the piercing: I'd had it about eight years, and it had been a fairly painful, troublesome one to heal, so I didn't really want to lose it!

So on Tuesday morning I gathered up my free Centro travelpass and took the train into Birmingham. I headed straight over to
Modern Body Art, fully prepared to have to go through the hassle of having it re-pierced or at least tapered open again. But no worries: a very friendly piercer (whose name I forgot to ask) sat me down on a bench, reinserted the ring without so much as a twinge of pain and secured it with a new ball in a matter of a couple of minutes.

Since I was wearing a sleeveless top, he spotted my BME tattoos, and we exchanged notes about how sadly the site had declined of late. Since I "left" almost two months ago towards the end of March, I've visited occasionally, but I'm afraid I've seen nothing to tempt me back. Shame, really, especially considering what it once was, but nothing lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment