Wednesday 6 January 2021

Twelfth Night

I've just been busying myself taking the decorations down (well, putting the little tree back in its box for another year) and taking the cards down.  I shed a tear or two re-reading the kind messages people had sent me: I did reply to the emails people had sent, but I haven't to what people had written in the cards.  I don't really think people really expect it: or at least we never used to when the positions were reversed.

Carol, who was an Anglo-Catholic, used to want to everything left up until Candlemas. This wasn't something I'd ever come across anyone else doing, and whatever the theology of it, this year I reverted back to the way I'd always been brought up to do it (with the exception of that one year when I was dead lazy and left them all kicking around until Easter!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment