Tuesday 12 January 2021

Ups and downs

Today has been eerily quiet: I haven't seen a soul all day.  I didn't go out because I didn't need to, but usually I can look out of the window and see the neighbours pottering about, or somebody delivering something, but today... nothing.  Maybe they're all taking the Government's advice or perhaps that latest TV ad has got them all scared s***less.  Talking of which, whose bright idea was that, I wonder.  I haven't bothered with it.  Poor old Chris Whitty earning his nickname of Doctor Doom: he may be a brilliant scientist but a charismatic persuasive presenter he isn't.  I suppose I shouldn't judge too harshly, given the material they gave him to work with, but did it not occur to anyone that if you want to sell a proposition of some sort to millions of people, you've got to make them want to "buy" it?  Evidently not. 

I also contacted the Macmillan Cancer Support people to tell them about Carol's death.  I'd registered with them two years ago when Carol first got the diagnosis and they'd been a veritable treasure trove of information and help.  However to the best of my knowledge I shan't be needing their services any longer - although I don't know what lies ahead for me, of course.  But if I do, then I'll know where to find them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment